Home > Human Resources > Employee Recognition > Tips for Writing Narratives
Tips for Writing Narratives
- In a couple of sentences, what specifically did the person do to earn a nomination?
- How well did they do the task?
- What was the significance to the institution?
- Write in specific terms, but be as brief as possible.
- Read the narrative questions all the way through before you begin writing so that you get a feel for the type of information to include in your narrative.
- Narrative should be detailed but no more than two pages in length.
Page last updated: March 7, 2013