Know Yourself - Improve Yourself
HOW DO YOU LEARN?
Are you a ______________ Learner?
- Visual – Learn best by seeing
- Aural - Learn best by listening
- Read/Write – Learn best by reading and writing
- Kinesthetic – Learn best by doing
- Multimodal – Learn best by using more than one mode above
Take the VARK quiz to explore your learning style.
HOW DO YOU MANAGE YOUR TIME?
Take the Time Management Quiz - Then, practice these proven guidelines - they work!
Just do it! Getting started is key – Take one step at a time.
HOW DO YOU PREPARE FOR TESTS?
- Prepare – Study, Study, Study!
- Get a good night’s sleep and eat a good meal before every test.
- When you get your test, write down details you remember (names, dates, formulas, theories…).
- Put your name and the date on the test.
- Then, quickly read over the entire test and decide how much time you need in each section.
- Make note of difficult questions and return back to them later (first instinct is usually best).
- Check over your answers.
- Try to think of the answer before looking at the choices.
- Then, read all answer choices, cross out what you know is incorrect and make your selection.
- Look for key words (statements with all, always, never, every, and none are often False).
- Read the questions VERY carefully – one word often make the difference between T and F.
- Read each question.
- Start with the easiest questions.
- Before writing, brainstorm and make an outline, if there is time.
- Use complete sentences and write a good topic sentence to start.
- Give facts, examples, and details in the middle paragraphs.
- Restate the important points in the final paragraph and give a strong summary or conclusion.
USE COMPUTER PROGRAMS EFFICIENTLY
|Microsoft Word||Microsoft Excel||PowerPoint|