Home > Offices & Departments > Instructional Resource Center > Teaching Resources
This page contains link to higher ed news, teaching survival guides, and other resources. If you have any additional suggestions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Horizon Report, Higher Ed Edition (PDF): This yearly publication contains short technology forecasts as well as trends and issues.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education (Web): This periodical includes news and blogs on current higher education news and trends.
- Radio Higher Ed (Streaming Audio):
- ARW covers education issues focusing on critical issues in K-12 and higher education. Principal themes include education and opportunity, K-12 research and practice around post-secondary readiness, and education needs in the 21st century.
- Thinking Allowed (Streaming Audio): This excellent BBC Radio 4 series hosted by librarian, actor, English teacher, and sociologist Laurie Taylor presents current social science research as told by the researchers themselves.
- The Partially Examined Life (Streaming Audio): According to the authors, "The Partially Examined Life is a philosophy podcast by some guys who were at one point set on doing philosophy for a living but then thought better of it. Each episode, we pick a text and chat about it with some balance between insight and flippancy. You don’t have to know any philosophy, or even to have read the text we’re talking about to (mostly) follow and (hopefully) enjoy the discussion
For Full-Time Faculty
- Coming Soon!
For Part-Time Faculty
- A Portrait of Part-Time Faculty Members (Web): This large-scale 2012 study details the work conditions of part-time faculty.
- Bringing Part-Time Faculty Into Focus (Web): This 2014 report focuses specifically on part-time faculty in community colleges.
- The Just-In-Time Professor (Web): House Committee on Education and the Workforce Democratic Staff crafted this 2014 report based on adjunct faculty responses to an online survey and stories from these same faculty.
For Faculty Pursuing a PhD
- Some Modest Advice for Graduate Students (Web): Focused, sage advice on surviving graduate school.
- How to Finish a PhD (Web): Practical, holistic advice on completing a PhD.
- The Part-Time PhD Student (Web): Chronicle article advocating for a return to the part-time PhD model. The comments are also intruging.
Page last updated: October 6, 2014