Facilitating a Collaborate course takes skill, practice, and patience. Luckily, Blackboard Collaborate offers a wealth of free, online training options. In addition, as a facilitator you'll receive hands-on training at GHC.
- Asynchronous Online Training: Collaborate On Demand Learning Center
The BB Collaborate On Demand Learning Center offers 24/7 training via recorded videos, webpages, PDFs, and interactive applications. Not only does Blackboard offer training in a variety of formats, but they also offer both focused and broad training.
- Hands-On Training at GHC
The absolute best way to learn to be a facilitator is to experience it. Your training at GHC will include:
- Observation of a Collaborate class from both the sending and recieving sides.*
- Talking with current Collaborate students to discover their needs and reccomendations.
- Talking with a current, experienced Collaborate professor to gain a broad view of facilitation
- Talking with the professor you will be facilitating to gain a contextualized view of facilitation.
- Facilitating a mock Collaborate class.*